Devon and Cornwall wedding venue
Let’s face it; your wedding will be amazing from start to finish wherever you decide to get married.
But if you’re like us and value your photography and how your images look, here are some top tips to help you think about which venue will work best for you as a couple.
Here at Liberty Pearl Photography & Film Collective, we love everything to do with the outdoors.
Being able to capture the natural beauty of the various seasons makes us really happy and so we have compiled these top five tips if you’re starting your search for your venue:
- Always begin your search by looking for outside space. How will the area look in different seasons? Think about any ideas that you have for themes and how this will complement what you already have available.
- Do you have exclusive use of the venue? We have to admit that we find it so much better when our couples do. It means you don’t get someone else wandering into the back of your photographs. Exceptions to this include lovely golf clubs where you can still find lots of space away from any other guests.
- Can you decorate the venue yourself injecting your style to reflect you as a couple? This isn’t essential but it’s definitely a great one to look out for as the more unique you can make your venue, the better. It also means your photographs will reflect this too.
- Visit your preferred venue at different times of the day and on different days of the week. This will help you to see it in different lights and will help you envisage how it could look for you and your guests.
- Have a look to see if there are any lovely archways or areas that you really like. That way you can discuss them with your photographer and light allowing on the day, they will be able to capture some of them for you.
We would always advise going with your initial feeling about a venue.
If it feels right, it will be the one for you.
If you’re thinking about venues but finding it hard to choose, please feel free to contact us for some suggestions, we are the recommended supplier for a number of weddings in the UK.
We photograph weddings across Devon and Cornwall and further afield in the UK and internationally, and it’s highly likely that we have experience of the venue that you have in mind.
Happy wedding planning!